I swear Northern NY is like nothing I've ever seen before. It started snowing over night, then mixed with sleet and then snowed more...it just never stops. This is our 4th winter here. Me being a TX girl doesn't help in the matter. I think I saw snow once as a kid. And shoveling the mess is just a blast. haha yeah right. It kills my lower back, that already hurts all the time anyways. Anyways, needless to say, we stayed in all day. Took a shower and got back in pajamas, lol. It was nice to have the day off. (School was closed) We might never get out of school this year if we use all our snow days. They only alott for 5 and we've used 2 already.
So last night I went to see if any reviews had been posted on the hotel we are staying at in Cancun. When we booked the hotel it said that it was brand new and opening on Dec. 20. So, there were no reviews for me to read at the time I booked it. When I went on last night there was 4 reviews from people who just stayed there the week of New Years. And, every review was horrible! Saying that the hotel was still under construction and shouldn't even be opened and service is bad and the restaurants aren't even open...blah blah blah. I was soooo disappointed. I called Expedia today and talked to an agent. She was so nice and let me switch our package to different hotel. She recommended one and it looks so nice. Better yet, all of the reviews on it are great. I am so relieved. I would have been so upset if we spent all this money on our vacation and it ends up being a crappy place. So, once again I am hyped up and ready for it to get here :)
I talked to Johnny today, he is doing good in AZ. He said it is about 80, he is enjoying that. He said he'll probably be 20 lbs lighter when he gets back, haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Maybe you could hire a neighborhood boy to shovel the snow? Your poor back!
ReplyDeleteGeesh, thank goodness you checked the reviews for that hotel. That really could've ruined your whole trip.
80 degrees in Arizona, eh? It's 19 here. We had a snow day too. LOL Ice everywhere!
Have a good evening!
B
Hey Stacy...just wanted to give you the link to my main journal (not the Discovering Parker one).
ReplyDeletehttp://booplustwo.blogspot.com/
:)
Stacy! I didn't know you had a blog! I'll be reading..I love your weather, I LOVE snow..like too much, they call me crazy!
ReplyDeleteOh goodness..glad you were finally able to read the horrible reviews before you went to that hotel...so glad you were able to get another one!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Terri
Oh my soul I did not know you were leaving !! BOOHOO When will you be leaving and when will you be back !!!!!
ReplyDelete